Monday, August 8, 2011

Goodbye Tonsils

Well, my cute Seth had his tonsils and adenoids out on Wednesday.  He has been such a trooper about it.  He honestly has not complained once or shed a tear until yesterday.  I had heard it got worse after it scabbed and then they started coming off which I think starts this week, so it may be starting to be more painful.  He woke up a pretty sad little camper this morning, but once he has his pain meds in him he does great.

He was so brave at the hospital to just walk back with the doctors to the operating room.  They said he was very stubborn about wearing the gas mask.  He did not want to breathe through it.  I guess they got it on, and he held his breath until he had to take a deep one and then it was lights out.  They thought he was quite the cute, brave kid.  Strangely enough Seth doesn't really like popsicles or ice cream, so I have  to almost force him to eat them.  He has gone through a lot of Jello but other than that his appetite has not been great.  I can't say I blame him.  We watched his surgery on closed circuit TV while they did it, and they gave us a DVD.  He and Luke have watched it a couple of times, and they think it's so cool.  His voice sounds different now, so it will be interesting to see if that lasts.  I'm just hoping we can get through these next few days without it hurting too bad.

 Seth entertained himself while we waited by taking pictures of everything.


What a good kid.  I am just relieved it went well, and I hope he feels like his normal, spunky self soon.  Love you Seth.

3 comments:

jami v. said...

oh, not fun! the adventures with kids, huh? hope he's back to himself soon!!

Kristy said...

Poor Seth! But it looks like you have had an excellent summer! Maybe we should plan a fall trip???

Amy said...

I know this post was from a long time ago- I'm just catching up with all the reading. Sometimes you post things that are so interesting to me (as far as personality traits that Seth has that are similar to Nathan and I), like the fact that Seth doesn't like popsicles or ice cream. I've never been much of a fan-and they say that things the mom eats when prego often reflect what the child prefers. I also had to have my tonsils out when I was little. He has probably inherited all my bad genetics! =( Anyway, it is interesting to see those little similarities (another one was you once called him your gentle giant: Nate's mom has been calling him that since he was a kid too).