Sunday, July 7, 2013

School's Out for Summer

I haven't blogged for a month, so I'm once again way behind.  I'm going to make a valiant effort, in the name of preserving memories, to catch up today. Luke and Seth both had great school years.  Luke's teacher was Mrs. Rees.  She worked them pretty hard and did a lot of science which Luke loved.  The day of the class play performance I snapped a quick picture.


I also got to go and help with Super Kids day right before school got out.  It was so fun, and it was great to see the kids with their friends.  I have to admit it made me a little sad to say goodbye to Providence Elementary.  I felt like kind of a mean mom seeing the kids having fun with their friends for the last time at school...sniff sniff.  Luckily I'm over that now because we have been attending our new ward in Wellsville, we have all been meeting new people, and the kids are making friends and adjusting really well.  On the last day of school Luke was a bit bummed that he didn't get a teacher assigned like everyone else, but he seems to be doing great with all the changes.  He has been going to Scouts and even went to day camp with them a few weeks ago.  I'm glad to say that he has met some really nice kids his age that live close by but none of them are in his school class, so he's going to have to be a brave boy that first day of school.  Kind of like today when he just got up and went and bore his testimony in our new ward.  It's a good thing I have my kids to set a good example for me!


Luke with cute Carter and his best bud this year, Riley.





No comments: