Saturday, April 18, 2009

Introducing Ian

Here is our new addition:
Ian Stephen
April 14, 2009
1:56 pm
8 lbs. 7 oz.
20 inches long



One of our first shots of Ian. My water broke at 3 am Tuesday morning, but he took his own sweet time getting here and wasn't born until the afternoon. It was so amazing to finally get to see him and hold him. What a little miracle.


He was not a big fan of this. Unlike my other boys he doesn't have quite as much hair, and it's kind of sandy blond...so cute.


The whole little family. This was about 14 hours after we left for the hospital, and I was feeling totally exhausted.


Luke is very excited to be a big brother again and is very cute with Ian. Seth seemed a little baffled at the hospital and wasn't too impressed, but he did have fun pushing the nurse call button, playing with the stethoscope, and just generally being his busy self!


The birthday boys. We were already going to give Ian either my dad's first or middle name as his middle name and when he was born on my dad's birthday it seemed even more fitting.


Ready to head home. It was more like February outside than April--major rain and snow the entire time we were at the hospital.


I was feeling a little better after my "restful" stay at the hospital.


The boys were so excited for us to be home. Thanks to our friend Steve who came in the middle of the night for a while, my parents, and Jer's mom for watching the boys while we were at the hospital. Seth is warming up to the baby and gives him cute kisses. I'm just trying to reassure him how much he is loved even though he's not the baby anymore.


Sweet baby. I somehow forgot how incredibly soft newborn's cheeks are. His are very chubby and kissable. I want to enjoy this tiny baby stage while it lasts because I know it will be gone soon. I am feeling great now (considering I had an 8+ lb. baby several days ago) and am so incredibly thankful for this new little person at our house. I can't believe I'm the mom of three miracle kids. I really am blessed. We've already had so much help from family, friends, neighbors...and we really appreciate it. Thanks everyone!

16 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

He's perfect! Congrats again.

Chelsea said...

He's so cute and it looks like the boys are having fun being big brothers!

Marie Rose said...

oh hooray!! Congrats. he's stinking cute. I love those cheeks!!! You are such an awesome mom he's lucky to be in your family. Hope all is going well and you are surviving three kids! Crazy! Congrats again

Mandy said...

He's adorable!! I think he looks like Jer! I can't believe I haven't been over to hug him. I'm horrible! I'll be there tomorrow! :) Save kissy cheeks for me!

Shera said...

He is SOOOOO cute!! Congrats.

jami v. said...

so adorable! and it's probably fitting he's sharing your dad's bday and name since i think he looks very much like a little bankhead already!! :)

Kristy said...

Congratulations on boy #3! He is so handsome and I can't wait to meet him. It is hard work getting them here but sooo worth it. I hope you are getting some rest.

Megan said...

What a handsome little man! Love the picture of Luke giving him a kiss. So sweet!

~Our Family~ said...

He is handsome.. What a miracle all three children are... We are so lucky to have been able to have them in our life... It is so awesome.. Congrats to you and Jer.. I can't wait for some more pictures when he starts growing...

Natalie said...

Congrat! He couldn't be any cuter. Those are some killer cheeks! I bet they're getting lots and lots of kisses. Newborns are so much fun--but so much work! Hang in there.

P.S. You look fantastic!

Burbank Family said...

He is dang cute. Congrats

PetersonFam said...

Congrats...from the Petersons! We are so happy for you guys! 3 boys is amazing! ....I also think it's pretty cool that he was born on Steve's b-day! That will always be special for them!
Alec was born on mothers day and on my dad's b-day too! They both think it's their 'speical' day... & it is!!! haha!
Well....congrats again! We are all excited for you!
sTeph,dan,McKall,Alec,Ryann&Kaden!

Michelle W. Nate said...

I love it! I am so glad he is doing well. Hope you are too. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to see you all soon and get some baby squeezes in. :)

Unknown said...

He is soo cute!!! Your Boys are Soo cute!!! Congrats!!!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

He is so cute. I am so glad that we got to see him. Seeing your dad hold him like that makes me cry for some reason. Grandkids are such blessings to their grandparents.

Julie said...

He is darling and we are glad he is here. I saw you out with the double stroller- you look ready for three kids! Jason said that you saw the chicken incident... good thing the wind blew some of the feathers away.