Friday, April 3, 2009

Reasons To Be Happy

Warning: Long Post!

I am once again a blog slacker. I can't really think of anything to write, and I've been really busy. That "nesting" instinct has kicked in, and I've had Jer helping me with all kinds of little projects around the house. I have all these things I want to get done before the baby comes. We moved Seth in with Luke this weekend, and they are liking sharing a room. It hasn't affected the bedtime routine and Luke seems to be able to sleep through just about anything so that has been good. Morning is a different story. Luke is quite the early riser lately and between the two of them, they are up way too early. They are also super tired by evening, so I'm hoping after the newness wears off they will sleep in a little longer. I'm also trying to force myself to get my project for my master's class done. It's a 30 slide Power Point on a hideous topic, and I have had little to no motivation to work on it, but the time has come that I've just got to do it. Yuck.

Now on to my reasons to be happy:
**I have such a great hubby who has been a big help around the house and with the kids in the evening while I get bigger and more tired. He's also still claiming that he thinks I'm cute (he couldn't really say the opposite, right?), but I'm giving him some points for that anyway! He is such a hard worker and provides for our family so that I can be a full-time mama!
**Ski patrol is over for the year! Next year should be fun when I can participate again. Luke has had fun skiing this year with his dad. My dad also came up once and took him up to the Beav. We've been able to go up with other ski patrol friends for night skiing and had a good time eating dinner and hanging out in the patrol building mixed in with some skiing.
**I'm having a baby this month! I am so excited to meet baby Ian and of course be done being pregnant. The last few weeks I've started having bad sciatic nerve pain on my right side. It just strikes out of nowhere and makes my leg go dead while I pull funny faces. Keeps things interesting when I'm out in public!
**I have two amazing boys who each have such fun, unique personalities. They can drive me crazy with their brotherly fighting but most of the time they make me laugh. I am very blessed.
**I have a great family and so does Jer. They are supportive and helpful and so excited for us. My mom in particular has been so great. She is incredibly selfless and loves spending time with her grandkids. She is willing to pitch in and help with anything--in fact I have to keep her from doing too much. We had the chance to spend the day together a few weeks ago without kids and go shopping and do lunch which was great.
**I have great friends and neighbors. I love where we live. It's a great place to raise kids. A couple of much needed girls' nights out the last month were great.
**Spring is coming. This one is a bit of a stretch since we've had cold, snowy weather for a week and it's supposed to continue, but I'm optimistic that one of these days it will be nice outside. I know my kids are ready!
**General Conference is this weekend. I'll admit part of my excitement is that I don't have to actually go to church wearing shoes that are too tight and sit/chase kids both of which are not pleasant right now. I really do like conference though, and I always feel there are things said that were meant just for me.

Here are a few pics from March since I hardly posted all month.


My birthday was last month and I turned 33. Yikes! I figure as long as I stay in shape and take good care of myself I won't be too old of a mom. We got a sitter and went out to dinner and then had cake with the kids after. They were sampling before we even got the candles on. Seth blew out about half of the candles before Jer got them all lit. That's what he gets for doing 33--that could start a fire. We took a few family pics that night, but they were too scary to post. My face looks so puffy (code for fat) and Jer looked like he was on something. I may break down and do one more prego pic though...just for the record.

A few weeks ago it was actually really nice for two days. The kids love Willow Park, and I took a few pictures.






Luke thought he was so cool pushing Seth on the swing. His comment to me was "Seth is really enjoying this." Seth wanted to swing forever and Luke got bored with pushing, so he made about a million laps up and down the tall slide they have there. It was such a nice day.


Time with dad is always fun. Luke is always up for some "wrestling" with Jer.

4 comments:

jami v. said...

fun pics ... and i like your happy list :)

(and i do think jer should get bonus points for calling you cute and not "mother" :) )

jilljohnson said...

Wow you are going to be a mom of three in a month!!!!!!!yea. It was great to read all your uplifting views on life.

Marie Rose said...

hooray for a post. I was thinking you had that baby early but now that i know you didn't....slacker! I can't wait to see little Ian. I didn't know that was his name. Its very cute. I love all the updates and can't wait for more.

Kristy said...

All good reasons to be happy especially the not being pregnant anymore soon! Yeah for baby Ian.