Monday, April 6, 2009

You Get What You Get

Yesterday morning the boys were awake, but it was early and Luke seemed like he might go back to sleep. We brought Seth into our bed to give it a shot. Seth laid under the covers between us for about 1 minute and then he got off the bed and headed out of the room. We just let him go because I had already heard Luke out in the kitchen moving barstools around. It was worth a try.

Seth was soon whining for a drink and Luke gave him this sippy cup of water that was in the fridge. Seth wanted milk and wasn't having it, so he threw quite a fit. Then Luke told him, "Seth, you get what you get so don't throw a fit." It cracked us up. Luke came home the other day from school and told me that. He said he didn't "learn" it at school, he just "heard" it. I thought it was pretty funny and a good motto for small kids. Needless to say, that little pep talk did not make Seth want that milk any less!

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a funny boy! At least he tried to let you sleep in!

Mandy said...

Carter has been saying that forever. I think Kaden taught him, but he loves to tell Jace or anyone else who is whining. He doesn't like to hear it when he's throwing a fit!
lunch was fun. We need to do it more often. We also need to get the boys together. It's been way to long.

jami v. said...

that is funny ... isn't it great what they pick up and suddenly pass on? :)

My Life I tell ya said...

Hailey says that--- but to me!! She's the boss around here. Hey so you are on the countdown now. So exciting!!!!Good luck!!
millie

My Life I tell ya said...

Forgot to mention---I'm coming to town. Be fun to see you. But you could be in labor and delivery. If not lunch or dinner would be fun.

Burbank Family said...

I love that saying K'Lee tells Addison that all the time. That was nice of Luke to be a big helper and let you sleep in.

jilljohnson said...

I love it. I always say that to my studnets at school. It is great how little kids are recorders and replay what they hear. It really makes you think twice sometimes when you are about so say something.

Jenny said...

I think Seth learned that one at Preschool last year, he came home singing it and the first time I heard it I had a good laugh too. It is a good saying :) For grown ups too :)

Michelle W. Nate said...

Mark is constantly saying that to Cameron. It cracks me up.

Marie Rose said...

that's histerical! oh little boys are so funny.

Kristy said...

Amen. You get what you get! Any sign of baby making its entrance?

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

My kids hate it when I say that!! I am so glad you guys are coming with us for Spring Break. My kids can't wait!