Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good Times




This post is just a random collection of what we've been doing the last few weeks. The weather has finally been nice and the boys are out playing hard each day. I think Luke will miss our big dirt pile when we eventually get our yard in. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Seth will be one tomorrow! Today Luke informed me that if I fell out of the car (doesn't seem like a likely scenario) he would jump over and grab me by the head to save me. In this story Seth was also saved--by a belly grab. Sounds a little painful, but it's nice to know he wants to keep us around. Yesterday Luke mentioned that he hated something, and I told him that wasn't a nice word to say. So then he looked at me and asked me if I hated that word. Clever.



Luke and Seth both like to play the "pano." Jer swears Seth can play chopsticks. I think Jer listened to music too loud as a kid. Check out that scary piano bench. It was my grandmas. One of these days I'm going to get crafty and reupholster it.



Seth likes to get into my purse any chance he gets.



Ahh...Cool Whip!



Notice the box in the background which was our project this past weekend. We have been wanting for quite a while to put up a swingset and finally did it. It came in 7 boxes and about 7,000 pieces. Jer and my dad did most of the work while I was a nazi with the directions. We finished most of it in one long day on Saturday. The model we were going to get was out of stock, so we got the next model up for the same price. Jer is about ready to kick the tube slide to the curb. We may have that up soon if he doesn't smash it into a million little pieces. Luke "helped" and has been so excited about it. On Sunday night we worked on the slide for a minute and Luke helped sort the nuts, bolts, and washers. When he got bored with that he went inside and came back with Oreos and told us there was "plenty for everybody." He sounded like an old lady--okay it sounded like something I would say to him.



Luke plays so hard these days that when he stops for a second he falls asleep. The other night he was nodding off while eating dinner. Good times.

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Cute post! I especially like the one where Luke asked you if you hate the word hate. He is clever. That pic of Seth with the cool whip was cute too. That's so great about getting a swing set. That makes me laugh that Jer is so mad about the slide! Happy Birthday Seth!

jami v. said...

what great pictures. i can't believe seth is one! wow ... how time flies.
i LOVE the pictures. the boys are so so cute -- and i love what luke says, from the saving you to the "hate" conversation. smart boy!

(and yes, i think jer did listen to music a little too loud in his younger years - wasn't that a requirement when you had a rat's tail? :) )

Marie Rose said...

Luke is a crack up! Little kids kill me. I love that he asked you if you hated the word hate. Smart boy. Seth is one...wow! It doesn't seem that long ago that I got an email saying you had a new baby boy! Love your post!

Kristy said...

Hey Jen
We really need to plan a camping trip together! Spencer's family has a cabin...that would be fun! What is our problem? Let's just do it! Cute pics. I really love the funny things kids say. And with Jer as a dad I am sure they are a hoot!I still laugh about Jer doing his high kicks in Paria.