Monday, May 5, 2008

We're Back!!

For those of you who don't know we spent last week at Disney World. That's right -- 6 fun-filled days of pure Disney magic. My husband that swore he would never take his kids to Disney anything had to eat crow and enjoy. We really did have so much fun. That might sound impossible considering we had four children four and under with us, but we had a great time. Jer's parents were awesome and probably need a vacation after this vacation since they were chasing kids as much as we were. Thanks grandma and grandpa!

My worst fears were about the long flight but it actually went pretty well. In fact, on the way back my kids were amazing. Probably due to Seth's exhaustion and Luke's complete interest in his little set of animals from Animal Kingdom. So what if the guy behind him had to return the zebra about 10 times -- it kept him busy!

I'm pretty sure that we hit every kid attraction available at Disney World. We also were able to take turns and do most of the adult rides. Jer just can't get enough of that Tower of Terror. I think my personal favorite was the Expedition Everest ride at Animal Kingdom. Luke and K'Lee got to meet just about every Disney character that exists and get their autographs. Luke burned out on that pretty quick, but K'Lee was a go-getter and filled up her whole book.

I was pleasantly surprised that Luke liked all of the rides. He loved the goofy roller coaster and getting wet on the river rapids ride. The kids took every opportunity to get soaking wet in the fountains that are all over the place. Seth was my super baby and was such a trooper about riding, eating, napping, diaper changing....in his stroller for a week!!!

We had some meltdowns along the way but nothing six adults couldn't handle. We got to experience just about every "potty" in the place, ride every form of public transportation, eat enough chicken nuggets and mac 'n cheese to kill (kids only), and worked our way through a gallon of sunscreen. I wouldn't trade it though. It was so fun to be with family, watch the cousins play together, and see the kids enjoy it like only kids can. I took only my cheesy camera and the quality of my pictures is poor. Fortunately my brother-in-law was well prepared. He brought enough camera/video equipment to capture just about the whole trip in real time. I may post some more pics when I get copies of his stuff. Now I'm off to that mountain of laundry that is waiting for me!


You could have tipped me over with a feather when Luke came back from shopping with grandma and grandpa and had chosen this hat. Really? He was known as "Steamboat Willie" for much of the trip!


Seth and the giant ant.


We just kept them hopped up on sugar.


Hanging with Addison.


Seth was almost always this happy!


Jer and I with a view of Mt. Everest.


Thumbs-up for getting wet.





6 comments:

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said...

Ok my last comment had to many errors...Anyways, we took the kiddos to Disneyland, CA last year and loved it! Spencer is like Jer and swore of Disney but he actually had a great time! It is amazing how much the kids really do love it and are so good even though they are exhausted! It is the MAGIC!

Jenny said...

This is the "other Jen Burbank" :) Married to Josh Burbank....when I drove K"Lee to preschool with "my Seth" yesterday, she was telling me how much fun she had :) I went to Disney land when I was little and don't remember much of that except my favorite ride "Space Mountain" but we would love to take "Our Seth" to Lagoon someday :) Maybe Disney land if CA if we get lucky enough to travel down there. My older sister lives in San Diego and Josh served his mission in Sac.
Better let you go. It's fun to look at your blog! Your boys are cute :)

Judd Pickett said...

Wow! Looks like lots of fun! Did the adults get to ride The Space Ride at Epcot? That ride is brilliant.

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you had fun and Seth survived the plane ride! It's usually better than we expect! Carter has been looking at the pictures from Steph's Disney World adventure and keeps asking when he can see Buzz and the Incredibles. I'm sure we'll have to plan a trip in the next few years! I can't wait to hear all about it.....and I'm glad jer had fun too! :)

jami v. said...

good for you for taking on a vacation like this! :) my vacation consists of going to grandma's house! (maybe i should have a talk with my hubby about what a real vacation is about! :) ) ... but sounds and looks like tons of fun! but my FAVORITE is the hat luke picked out!! :) too hilarious but i love it!! :) so a kid, you know? :)