Friday, May 16, 2008

Just Like Grandpa...



Let me just clarify that the reason this picture reminds me of my dad is not because Luke is vacuuming--neither of them are exactly known for that!!! The "Steveism" exhibited here is the tongue. My dad is known for sticking his tongue out while concentrating on just about anything, and I've noticed Luke does it quite a bit too. I actually think Luke and my dad have quite a bit in common in terms of their looks and personalities--both can be a little grumpy but we love them so much anyway! Really my dad is a great guy. He's so supportive and I love him a lot. He always has good advice. He is also annoyingly well-read--he's the guy you want on your team for Trivial Pursuit. He's almost impossible to prove wrong--I've done that once or twice in my life--sweet victory. Love you dad!

Luke was tagged by his cousin Jaxon, so here are five things about Luke you may or may not know:
**Luke loves learning about animals. Just this morning he informed me that some turtles have beaks--it's true, and I'm not sure where he learned it. His favorite animal is the tiger. He acts like a tiger, ferocious roar and all, quite a bit. He says I'm the mommy tiger, Jer is daddy tiger, he's kid tiger, and Seth of course is baby tiger.
**Luke loves to play ball. He loved throwing a ball even as a little baby. Right now kicking is his favorite thing, and he will kick the ball back and forth for hours if you will do it with him.
**Luke is a great big brother. Although he likes to wrestle and be rough with Seth, he is always telling him how much he loves him and always sticks up for Seth when his friends are sick of him getting into everything. He always says he loves Seth's "soft cheeks" and calls him his "baby friend."
**Luke is hilarious. He has his dad's sense of humor and can be very funny. He imitates voices and copies all of the phrases his dad uses: "snap, that's just the way I roll, broseph"...the list goes on.
**Luke is very sweet, but he's got a mind of his own. Watch out if he's set on doing something (or not). I wonder where he gets that from?

Luke tags Carter, Cole, K'Lee, or anyone else who wants to respond.

1 comment:

jami v. said...

how fun to learn those things about luke - although i vividly remember being pegged by a ball thrown by luke when he was really little. :)

i think that grandpa of luke's is pretty happy to have a little mimick around. :)