Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!


Seth turned one last week. Of course he didn't really know it was a special day, but I couldn't stop hugging him and giving him kisses. Luke helped me get ready for Seth's party, and he chose a tiger pattern for Seth's cake. He helped me with the cake and when I was done he promptly informed me that it did not look like a tiger at all. Kids. Brutally honest. Oh well, great cake or not, we had a fun party. All of the kids were running around having fun like it was their birthday. Seth seemed a little bewildered but warmed up to it.




We just got back from such a fun weekend camping with the kids. I know some people don't think camping and fun go together, but it really was great. I'll have to post about that next time after I get my pics on the computer. For now I put together some pics of Seth in honor of his birthday. I spent forever looking back through these pictures of him. It is so amazing how much a baby changes in a year. I know when you're in the middle of sleep deprivation and all the craziness that goes along with a newborn it sometimes seems like forever, but now it is like the days when Seth was just a tiny, cuddly bundle went by in the blink of an eye. I read somewhere that when you're having one of those frustrating mom days you should go in and watch your kids sleep. I've tried it and it's true. They look like little angels, and it reminds me just how lucky I am. I think the same can be said of looking at their sweet baby pictures. So really these pictures are for me but anyone else can enjoy too!

Technical problems: You can minimize the music video with the x, but it still covers up the pics a little. Also, you will probably have to pause the music on the playlist. I'm not very good at this. This song was on a video that Seth's birthparents made for him. When I listen to the words it means a lot to me both from their perspective and from ours. I'm not a huge country fan, but I love this song now because it reminds me of Seth.

2 comments:

jami v. said...

ok. so we all know that crying is just my thing - but this did provoke tears of the best kind. what sweet pictures, and a great song ... happy birthday mr seth!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Seth! I loved the slide show. They do get big in a blink of an eye. Brighton will be one in August. Crazy. I am glad you had fun camping!