Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Fun


This kid loves the water! We had a great time at Bear Lake. I have spent this holiday at the lake almost every year of my life thanks to my aunt and uncle's hospitality. My cousins were my surrogate sisters growing up, and we are still close. It is fun now to see our kids become friends. Thanks for the memories!


Luke had fun at the beach. He spent a lot of time eating snacks and socializing. He also loved swimming in the pool--thanks to mom and Tonia for taking him!


This floaty thing was a big hit. Seth has no fear and kept going under, so Jer eventually put him in the side pouch which you are supposed to use for a cooler to play in. He loved it!


Luke and Jordan going for a boat ride. Luke also went behind the boat in the tube. Lance took Jer and I on a ride that had my teeth rattling. No waterskiing this year--too choppy.


Luke and Samantha. Luke would not look at the camera.

We also enjoyed the fireworks they do from the beach. Seth pointed at them and was totally amazed. Luke gave detailed descriptions of the colors in each one. Seth did give me a scare earlier that day. Jer went golfing with a group before the fireworks, so I was on my own for this one. Seth choked on some trail mix and was not breathing. It scared the crap out of me, but I guess instincts kicked in and I flipped him over with his head down and gave him major back pounds. It did the trick. It was probably only 10 or 15 seconds, but he was pale for a good 15 minutes after (so was I). I could really do without that kind of stuff as a mom!

All in all it was a great weekend. The kids rode bikes, swam in the pool, played at the beach, rode in the boat, ate ice cream, watched fireworks...a kid's paradise! My cousin Jodi also took the kids, including Luke, mini golfing and they had a blast. I asked Luke after what he did and he looked at me like I was really slow and said, "hit the ball in the hole." Of course! What else would you do mini golfing? After our day at the beach Seth had so much sand in his diaper that it weighed about 5 pounds. He was getting grouchy and I guess it was those seashells he was sitting on! Good times.

2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

We love having you at a beach. Our family would not be complete with out the Bankhead group there. I can not wait unitl Andrew and Seth can interact together.

jami v. said...

looks like so much fun! there's nothing better than bear lake and cousins! :)