Monday, July 14, 2008

Mischief Makers


A man on a mission.

My kids have been keeping me busy so far this summer. I love that they can play outside so much. We still don't have a yard, so they are both filthy at the end of each day. These boys can make a mess with the best of them, but they're lots of fun!


Seth loves being on the couch right now. He can't get up there by himself or stay up there without bailing off, but he whines until you help him. Notice Luke's glasses. That's one of the last times they were seen in one piece. We make about a weekly trip to the store where he got his glasses (luckily Jer's friend is an optometrist there) and get his glasses adjusted. They are the best! I think they just shake their heads when they see me coming. It's the same drill everytime: they take Luke's glasses, my kids play with the Monster's Inc. toys, the glasses are tweaked back into shape, and Luke needs to stay for "one more minute" to play. Well, this last time the glasses were destroyed, and we had to take them in pieces. Luke has yet to fess up about what happened to them. He was playing outside with his two neighborhood buddies at the time: enough said. Now he is wearing the glasses he got at age one until his new ones can be completely repaired/replaced. Four-year-olds and glasses--not a good combo.


Seth the destroyer.

This is why I don't normally shower when Seth is awake. I made this critical error the other day and Seth really had a heyday in the bathroom. He really went to town with the feminine products then moved on to the toilet paper which he had lots of fun unwinding. Luke came in right before I got out and acted so shocked that Seth would make a mess. He was quick to point it out to me and add that he had no part in it! Seth will open any cabinet, drawer, you name it...he is into everything right now.


Good times and Otter Pops.

Between Luke and his little friends we have gone through the Otter Pops this year. Seth now loves them too, but he can't push it up for the next bite. As seen in the picture, he holds it out for assistance between each bite.

Earlier this same day Luke had on quite the getup. He was wearing his undies, pj top, camo rain galoshes, his eye patch, and he was holding a sword. He saw Peter Pan recently and is really into pirates and Captain Hook. I took a pic but didn't dare post it for fear some weirdo would check out my blog. Luke and Seth both went around all morning with these little cannonball toys in their mouths (it's basically like a plastic lollipop). I pointed out that maybe that wasn't the best idea and this was Luke's response: "Me and Seth are "drifferent" kind of robots and we use these to breathe under the water." Oh, why didn't I think of that.

Luke has also found a new love for peeing outside. I try to discourage it but boys will be boys. The other day I went out and Luke said, "guess where I just peed?" I was scared to guess, but he informed me that it was "in the hole." I thought that was the big dug out area in the backyard, but it was actually in the window well. Nice.

Last but not least, this is the exchange Luke and I had in the bathroom tonight:
(I had to use the bathroom while the kids were in the tub. I was very quick, and I thought it might go uncommented on, but no...)
Luke: "Why does your bum cover the whole hole?" (referring to the toilet seat)
Me: "Because I'm big."
Luke: "You're not that big. Daddy's bum is fatter."

Hah! So not true. Jer and I got a good laugh out of it. Sorry that most of this post (and several others) revolves around bodily functions, but that seems to be a big part of raising little kids. Here's to funny kids!


7 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

how funny, your stories always crack me up!

Judd Pickett said...

The pirates, the pee and a bum size comparison. Your blog has it all! haha

Michelle W. Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle W. Nate said...

Oh Jen, I feel your pain. I think I can safely compare my 3 year olds mischievious behavior to your boys. I have finally added you to my blog list because I love hearing your stories. It makes me feel somewhat normal to hear of other adventures kids/mothers are having. Have a good one! Michelle Nate (Jeff's wife)

Ward Family said...

Such fun pictures! I can't believe how big Seth is now!! we're laughing at the mischief making....sorry! (empathy and relief that we're not alone).

Marie Rose said...

I love your stories. Your kids crack me up. I know how it goes with the whole glasses things. Bronson (my nephew I watch) refuses to wear his glasses. The moment we put them on they are ripped right off and immediately shoved in his mouth. Luke is at the funnest stage I think. They say the funniest things....

KW said...

Gotta love raising boys! My boys love peeing outside-even at the park! It's great!